Phone: (757) 268 - 3343 Registrar Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We, the Hunter B. Andrews School Counseling Department, will partner with students, parents, the community, and faculty and staff to provide a comprehensive counseling program addressing the academic, career and personal/social development of all students; empowering them to become lifelong learners and productive members of society.
We are student advocates and their partner in academic achievement. We collaborate to foster the development of positive relationships with parents, students, staff, and the community.
Why see a school counselor?
- My child is having difficulty adjusting to a new school. What should I do?
- My child is dealing with personal issues (death, divorce, deployed parent, incarceration, etc.) and needs someone to talk to.
- I suspect my child is being bullied.
- I would like help setting up an academic plan that best suits the needs of my child.
- I want to discuss/find out about school and community resources available for my child.
- Does my child have special needs?
An important part of Hunter B. Andrews School Counseling Program is working with students in small groups. These small groups can help students acquire new, valuable skills and share feelings about their common experiences in a relaxed environment. Groups focus on the following topics:
Ø Conflict Resolution
Ø Family Challenges/Relationships
Ø Social Skills/Self- Esteem
Ø Loss and grief
Ø Dealing with Bullies
Ø Peer pressure
Ø Study Skills/Test Anxiety
Ø And more…